Published on December 27th, 2017 | by admin0
Selangor travel guide
Selangor, a neighboring state of Kuala Lumpur, provides an excellent escape, especially for those who are done with exploring Kuala Lumpur. Fondly known as the “Gateway of Malaysia” Selangor offers convenient travel options. You get to enjoy a far refreshing scene of rural villages, away from the urban centers. Look for an affordable hotel booking price and get ready for a pleasant and a relaxing holiday. Selangor offers a whole variety of fun and adventure for its holidaymakers like river rafting, rock climbing, bungy jumping, paragliding as well as abundant food choices.
For the first-time tourists to Selangor
A couple of days are enough to tour Selangor, and one can fit in a bit of homestay, nature, adventure, shopping, and dining. There’s a lot of seeing and explore in Selangor. Book you homestay only with those who are licensed by Tourism Malaysia. Alternatively, one can book one world hotel online for a great comfortable and affordable stay. There are a lot of choices for accommodations in Selangor. ATMs are widely available, and ringgit (RM) is the currency. One can get currency exchanged at any of the banks. If traveling with children, look for special discount offers for kids. Don’t worry about the weather as the first rule about Selangor is that it will rain at some point of your visit.
What to do and see in Selangor
Selangor it is a very green state loaded with parks and forest reserves and jungle covered hills to explore. One can enjoy a mix of urban and nature activities plus incredible adventures. Surprisingly, many of these beautiful places to see are also free, which is a great way to save money while traveling. Where ever you are staying in Selangor, all of those activities are within the Klang valley, and easily reachable, which also saves you spending too much on transportation.
- Explore the charming little town of Kuala Kubu Bharu, its colonial-style architecture and wealthy mansions.
- Visit Sri Sithi Vinayagar and Guan Yin Gu, the two community temples and get the hang of the multicultural-Malaysia.
- Enter the luxurious tropical rainforest of Kalumpang with nothing but lush greenery and fresh air.
- Take your kids to the Sunway Lagoon theme park for a memorable holiday in the water park with a lively atmosphere.
- Explore the Heritage town of Klang that is dotted with cultural and historic sites. This is an excellent spot for all the history buffs.
- Zoo Negara is another popular Selangor tourist attraction set in lush tropical landscaping.
- Visit the Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia’s Formula race track, and the National Automobile Museum.
- If you love seafood, then a trip to Crab Island is a must. Reach there via a ferry journey which is quite interesting.
- Kanching Rainforest Waterfall is a series of stunning waterfalls where one can swim, picnic and go for trekking.
Where to eat in Selangor
Selangor will not disappoint you when it comes to food menus with bountiful platters and decadent desserts. Visit Antipodean for Smoked Salmon Omelette and Grilled Chicken with tomatoes and French beans.VCR offers a healthy serving of Turkish Style Eggs with chickpeas, Greek yogurt, and spinach. The family-owned café Thirdwave offers a healthy menu with a variety of items. Breadfruits café has a well-planned menu.
Where to shop in Selangor
Selangor will not disappoint the shopaholics. Start with the award-winning shopping mall. Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall that offers a great shopping experience. The IOI Shopping is another great option where you can spend the day with your whole family. One Utama Shopping Mall is counted among the most prominent shopping malls where one comes across a complete combination of lifestyle and entertainment. The Mines Shopping Mall is based on the concepts food, fashion, and future. AmCorp Mall is one of the shopping malls in the state where one finds items that have never seen before.